- Package Price: Prices correct at time of invoicing and are based on current airfares, fuel surcharges, taxes, hotel rates and the current rate of exchange. Prices are subject to change until full payment is received by World Wide Travel West Coast (Pty) Ltd, hereafter referred to as “the Company”. The Company reserves the right, without prior notification, to adjust prices in accordance with increases in airfares, air fuel taxes, government and/or airport taxes and in the event of any currency and/or price adjustments, which may become effective up to the date full payment is received by the Company. Package prices quoted do not include airport taxes but are listed separately or any other items not listed on the confirmation.
- Responsibility: The Company and their associated companies and agents, act as an intermediary only in producing and booking various travel arrangements, and on condition that they will not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, accident, delay or any other irregularity that may be occasioned by any defect in any vehicle, or other form of conveyance, or by error or default of any company or person engaged in conveying the passenger, carrying out the arrangement of the tour or otherwise in connection therewith. The passenger tickets in use by the airline or charter when issued shall constitute the sole contract between the airlines or charter and the purchasers of those tickets and/or passenger. The Company makes every effort to ensure that all arrangements and services connected with your travel arrangements will be carried out as specified in the most efficient and effective way possible. However, being intermediaries we do not have direct control over the provision of services by suppliers and, whilst they are in all cases selected with the utmost care, we do not accept liability for error and omissions of such suppliers. It is the clients' responsibility to satisfy themselves with any local laws and applicable insurance options, if any, for any facilities used or hired.
- Booking: A booking is only made upon receipt of a signed booking form and travel declaration.
- Substitution: Once hotels have been confirmed, The Company or their agents and associated companies reserve the right to substitute hotels booked with a similar category or upgrade to a higher category at no extra cost to the passenger, even after departure from South Africa. Hotels reserve the right to close restaurants and facilities due to operational reasons and seasonality without prior notice. All facilities and amenities are subject to change at any hotel without prior notice. Certain sports and facilities mentioned are at an additional charge.
- Itinerary Alterations: While every effort is made to keep to all itineraries, the Company reserves the right to cancel any tour/travel arrangements prior to departure, in which event the entire payment will be refunded by the Company in full and final settlement of all further liability of whatsoever nature, howsoever arising, which may arise as a result of such cancellation. The duration of the travel package may have to be extended or curtailed owing to unforeseen changes in transport schedules. Any resultant expense will be borne by the passenger, and any saving refunded.
- Not included in package prices: Group and FIT (free independent traveller) inclusions differ. Package prices quoted do not include airport taxes and fuel surcharges but these costs are listed separately. Any additional surcharges levied by the airlines, costs of obtaining visas, re-entry permits and passports, telephone calls, laundry, entertainment arrangements not shown in the brochure, meals, beverages and excursions unless specified, or any other item of a personal nature are not included in the package. Package inclusions are strictly as per the final confirmation and it is the client's duty to familiarize themselves with such confirmation before departure.
- Travel Delays: The Company does not hold itself responsible for any delays prior to departure, or during the course of travel, brought about by technical difficulties, strikes, political unrest, weather conditions or any other unforeseen circumstances which are beyond its control. It is understood that any expenses relating to these unscheduled extensions (e.g. hotels, meals, airfares, telephone calls, etc.) will be for the passengers' account. Losses due to travel delays may not be refundable, however, we will always endeavour to negotiate refunds on behalf of passengers.
- Force Majeur (superior force): The Company does not accept liability or pay you compensation where the performance of our contractual obligations is affected by "force majeure" (included but not limited to war, threat of war, riot, civil or political unrest, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disasters, fire, adverse weather conditions, closure of ports or airports, air traffic control delays, technical problems, circumstances amounting to "force majeure". The company will always use its best endeavours to assist passengers where necessary and or possible.
- Special Requests: Should you have any special requests these should be conveyed to us at the time of booking. The Company will endeavour to comply with special requests however the Company cannot guarantee that these special requests will be met.
- Travel Documents: Documentation is only prepared once full and final payment has been cleared through the Company's bank account. As per IATA (International Air Transport Association) ruling all names that are reflected on air tickets must be the same as the client's passport. All clients will be personally and solely responsible for ensuring that they are in possession of the correct documentation prior to their departure.
It is the responsibility of each passenger to ensure that they are in possession of the correct documentation prior to departure. The Company shall not accept responsibility for any consequences of any nature whatsoever, arising from the passenger failing to ensure that he/she has complied with the necessary health/passport/visa/re-entry permit requirements. Passports must be valid for a minimum of 6 months after your intended return date.
The responsibility to obtain correct, current and valid passports and passport requirements, visas, vaccinations, inoculations and re-entry permits where required, is that of the client alone. Clients travelling with children under 18 years old must be familiar with the new SA Immigration Regulations effective 01 June 2015. The Company will not be held responsible or liable for any consequence of any nature arising from the client failing to ensure that he/she has complied with all such requirements.
- Travel Insurance: Travel insurance is essential. We strongly advise passengers to take out travel insurance against cancellation, curtailment, illness, loss of baggage, personal accident, personal liability and default at the time of booking.
- Reservations and payment: Upon confirmation the following payments are due:
Travel during low season: A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit of 50% of the total land price is payable at the time of making your reservation. The balance of the tour price is payable not less than 9 weeks prior to departure. In addition to the land deposit the total cost of air tickets and airport taxes must be paid by the due date as stipulated by the airline concerned.
Travel during High/Peak Periods: A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit of 50% of the total land price is payable at the time of making your reservation. The balance of the tour price is payable not less than 12 weeks prior to departure. In addition to the land deposit the total cost of air tickets and airport taxes must be paid by the due date as stipulated by the airline concerned.
The Company reserves the right to cancel any reservations for which the total amount due has not been received by the due date, in which event the deposit paid will be forfeited to the Company. Reservations will only be considered firm bookings when the deposit has been received by the Company. The Company guarantees the price of land arrangements once full payment is received, except where subsequent increases are beyond our control - these include but are not limited to change to government taxes.
- Method of Payment: The Company will accept payment for all arrangements in cash, electronic funds transfer (EFT) or credit card. For payment by credit card the Company offers an on line credit card payment facility to Visa, MasterCard via a 3D secured site. Certain international cards are not compatible with this site. For other credit cards the Company requires an original signed credit card charge form (CCCF), a copy of the back and front of the credit card as well as a copy of the card holder's identity document or passport.
- Cancellations and Curtailment: Land Arrangements (hotels, tours, transfers).
All deposits are non-refundable/non-transferable. In the event of a cancellation, the following cancellation fees will be imposed:
In the event of the client cancelling their reservation for any reason, such cancellation must be made in writing and in such instances; cancellation charges plus 14% VAT will be levied in accordance charges which can be imposed. From time of booking up to nine weeks prior to departure, the deposit is forfeited. Cancellation fees for Villa bookings and travel during high and peak periods, being Christmas, New Year and Easter but not limited to these periods only, will be more stringent.
Low Season Cancellation fees as per below:
9 weeks prior: 25% of total package price
7 weeks prior: 40% of total package price
5 weeks prior: 50% of total package price
4 weeks prior: 80% of total package price
3 weeks prior: 100% of total package price
High & Peak Season Cancellation fees as per below:
12 weeks prior: 25% of total package price
10 weeks prior: 40% of total package price
8 weeks prior: 50% of total package price
7 weeks prior: 80% of total package price
5 weeks prior: 100% of total package price
- Cancellation of Air tickets: Cancellation fees apply once air tickets are issued. The cancellation fees range between 25% up to 100% (plus VAT) of the total airfare paid, dependant on the class of travel and the airline concerned. During high/peak periods - once issued, tickets cannot be changed and are non-refundable. Airlines are non-negotiable to changes post ticket issuance. Passengers are reminded that they are responsible for reconfirmation of flights and flight times at least 72 hours prior to departure to ensure the airline has had no schedule or time changes. Failure to reconfirm flights with the airline concerned could lead to the cancellation of the flight reservation. The Company is not responsible for the overbooking by airlines resulting in passengers being denied boarding. Providing passengers adhere to check in time, it is the airlines responsibility to reroute or rebook flights.
- Refunds and Unused Services: No refunds will be considered or made for no-shows (clients who have booked and paid for services and do not show or amend within 24 hours of departure date) for any unused services irrespective of whether they form part of the basic package, or whether they are in respect of pre-booked optional arrangements. No refunds can be considered on partially unused hotel accommodation, flights or car rentals.
- Amendments to Airline Tickets: Once tickets have been issued; a cancellation fee will be levied by the airline in question (this fee varies from airline to airline and can range from 25% up to 100% of the fare paid plus VAT) should any changes be requested. Such changes specifically include, but are not necessarily limited to, any changes which are required to be effected due to the incorrect spelling of a passenger's name, change to travel dates or routing. In some cases, once issued, any changes will result in a 100% cancellation fee. Airlines are non-negotiable to changes post ticket issuance.
- Amendments of land arrangements: An amendment fee of R300 will be charged for each amendment made to a fully confirmed reservation. This amendment fee excludes the applicable airline reissue/cancellation fee (applicable if tickets have already been issued). Amendments made within 6 weeks of departure, in the case of passengers travelling outside of peak season, and within 12 weeks of departure, in the case of passengers travelling during peak season, will attract the applicable cancellation fees (as set out in clause 13 above) in addition to this amendment fee.
- Late Booking Fee: A late booking fee of R500 will be charged for requests received within 7 days of departure. Once confirmed these bookings will carry the cancellation fees as set out above. Due to the policies of our suppliers we require full payment before we can request availability for bookings made within 10 days of departure.
- Liabilities: The Company makes every effort to ensure that all arrangements and services connected with your travel arrangements will be carried out as specified in the most efficient and effective way possible. However, being intermediaries we do not have direct control over the provision of services by suppliers and, whilst they are in all cases selected with the utmost care, we do not accept liability for error and omissions of such suppliers. It is the client's responsibility to satisfy themselves with any local laws and applicable insurance options, if any, for any facilities used or hired.
- Airline responsibility: The airline concerned is not to be held responsible for any act, omission or event during the time the clients are not aboard its aircraft. The client ticket in use by the airline, when issued, shall constitute the sole contract between the airline and the client. E-tickets (electronic air tickets) do not carry the terms and conditions but should a client require these, the contracts may be found on the website of each airline.
- Airline information: Baggage allowance is stated on each airline ticket and further information may be found on each airline's website. Clients are reminded that they are responsible for reconfirmation of flights more than 72 hours prior to departure and to ensure that the airline has had no schedule or time changes. Failure to do so may result in the cancellation of a flight reservation by the airline. Air ticket itineraries consisting of more than one flight sector may not be used out of sequence or to “skip” one flight sector as this will void the entire balance of the journey/itinerary.
- Airline overbookings: The Company is not responsible for overbooking by airlines resulting in clients being denied boarding. It is the airline's responsibility to re-route clients on alternative routes at the airline's expense provided clients check in on time.
- Transportation by road: Clients need to advise the Company in writing should upgraded transfers be required due to additional baggage or sporting equipment being transported. Upgraded transfers will be at an additional cost to the client. Standard transfers cannot accommodate infant/baby or booster seats. If these seats are required, the request must be made in writing to the Company and private transfers will be booked at additional costs to the client. The Company must be advised if clients are arriving with car seats.
- Luggage: Each provider permits different baggage and sporting allowances. It is the client's responsibility to ensure that their baggage and sporting allowance falls into the provider's acceptance policy. The Company will not be responsible for any additional costs incurred if these requirements are not met.
- Car hire: If clients intend to drive a rental car, a valid South African licence is accepted, alternatively an International Driver's Licence is required. Drivers must be 21 years old in Mauritius and 18 years old in Seychelles in order to hire a car. The car hire terms and conditions shall constitute the sole contract between the car hire company and the client. The Company cannot be held responsible for any charges that appear on a client's credit card, nor accept responsibility for having any of these charges reversed or corrected upon the client's return to South Africa.
- Travel declarations: The Company requires that all foreign payments that are made on behalf of the client must be deducted from the client's foreign exchange allowance. A currency declaration to this effect must be lodged before final documentation can be released.
This document together with the Company Proforma confirmation / invoice / itinerary / standard terms and conditions constitutes the sole record of the agreement between the parties. No party shall be bound by any representation, warranty, and promise of the like not recorded herein. No addition to these Standard Terms and Conditions shall be of any force or effect unless in writing and signed by a duly authorised representative of the Company No indulgence which the Company ("the grantor"), may grant to the passenger ("the grantee"), shall constitute a waiver of any of the rights of the grantor, who shall not thereby be precluded from exercising any rights against the grantee which may have arisen in the past or which might arise in the future. All costs and disbursements, including legal costs on the attorney and client scale incurred by the grantor in recovering any damages and payments payable by the passenger to the Company shall be for the passenger's account. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of The Republic of South Africa. World Wide Travel West Coast is an ITC Member of the Club Travel Group, which is a registered member of ASATA (Association of South African Travel Agents) and as such abides by its constitution and code of conduct.
If you are not entirely happy with the services offered by World Wide Travel West Coast or any of the services provided to you by any hotel, ground handler, tour operators or airline, please address your complaint in writing to our Customer Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. It is very important that you inform us immediately if you are not satisfied with any service as this will enable us to resolve the problem for you. If you do not give us the opportunity to resolve a problem, when it occurs, your right to compensation may be reduced or evoked.